Hey guys, this is your Alpha - again I showed that I am impredictable. We have been to our extra lessons and trained a lot. When we had our final rehearsal we weren't really good. Then there was a severe lecture and after that we really made a great show and after that as well. But.. as it was with our exam we really didn't excel. When we went in line for the chip reading I barked in an annoying way in direction of the other dogs. Of cours I was quite nice with the judge when he read my chip but my human was already irritated by then. We were the second double team to participate with Toni, a flat coated border collie and his very young dog handler. What to say - like in the last exam, I slouched in front of the judge. We will have to examine psychologically what that means. Then I had to get down and wait and didn't leave the circle - very good. Even when Toni was running all over the camp I stayed thee and just got up - this cost me some self-command.
Danach waren wir dran mit dem Parcours bei ca. 30 Grad (nicht mein Lieblingswetter, Regen hätte ich bevorzugt). Richter meinte dass die Leinenführigkeit und die Freifolge sehr zu wünschen übrig ließen. Sitzübung war ok und beim Abrufen aus dem Platz habe ich nach dem Vorsitz noch eine kleine Küreinlage (Fläzen neben meinem Menschen) hingelegt. Kam auch nicht so gut. Als der Richter uns unsere Leistung genau aufzählte wollte ich auch nicht mehr so gerne in der Grundstellung bleiben. Fazit: nicht bestanden. Unsere Partnerin mit Toni leider auch nicht. Das war natürlich auch sehr enttäuschend für so ein junges Mädchen. Wir sind ja Kummer gewöhnt. Also ich muss sagen, mustergültig war unsere Vorstellung nicht aber man hätte schon mal lobend meine Selbstbeherrschung erwähnen können als der Jungspund über den Platz gerannt ist.
After hat we did our walk with about 30 Centigrade Celsius (not my favorite weather, I would have preferred rain). The judge that walking on the leash and without leash was far from perfect. Sitting position was ok and calling from down by my human was ok as far as sitting in front, then I made another creative action - instead of sitting beside I offered slouching beside my human again. Wasn't really good. As the judge told us all of our faults I didn't want to stay in basic position. The end: not passed the test. Our partner team didn't pass es well. Really a disappointment for the little girl. We are used to this. I must say - we didn't impress with our performance but would have liked some appreciation of my self-control when little Toni ran all over the place.
Irgendwie war aber der Wurm drin bei der Geschichte von unseren 8 Teams haben es gerade mal 2 geschafft. Bekannter Spruch "Das hat er noch nie gemacht". Wir befinden uns in guter Gesellschaft und haben eine weitere Prüfungserfahrung gemacht und wieder im anderen Verein Einiges dazu gelernt. Wir werden weiterhin üben und natürlich in unserer Lieblingsdisziplin, dem THS, weitermachen. Claudia meint vielleicht müssen wir mal etwas für Prüfungsnervosität (bei ihr) und gegen kindisches Verhalten (bei mir) tun. Wir werden Euch weiter über unsere Fortschritte berichten. Bin ja noch jung (Claudia nicht mehr so) und irgendwann klappt das auch noch.
Auf jeden Fall habe ich auch meine Qualifikation als Therapiehund bewiesen. Der Toni ist nämlich vor einiger Zeit von einem schwarzen Schäferhund gebissen worden. Deshalb wussten sie am Anfang nicht, ob ich dann mitmachen darf - weil ich ja auch schwarz bin. Ich bin dann aber sehr gut akzeptiert worden und am Anfang hieß es noch " Ja, kein Problem mit Alpha, dem schwarzen Riesenschnauzer, Toni hat schon kapiert dass er nicht so ist wie der schwarze Schäferhund. Aber natürlich sollten die beiden Teams nicht gerade zusammen antreten." Und.. am Ende sind gerade wir mit Toni als Team kombiniert worden. Ist eigentlich schon auch ein Kompliment für mich!
Dann habe ich noch eine Mitteilung für Euch, unsere Freundin Jasna mit Hope hat ihren ersten Mittelschnauzerwurf bekommen. Lauter süße Mäuse, sehen eigentlich genauso aus wie Riesenschnauzerbabys, also wie kleine Maulwürfe jetzt. Habe mich schon zum Welpensitten angemeldet, habe ja bereits Erfahrung und bekomme auch Referenzen. Vielleicht dürfen wir sie mal besuchen wenn sie einen Monat alt sind. Hope ist eine tolle Mama und hat alles super gemacht. Wir freuen uns für sie.
Somehow it wasn't a good day - there were 8 teams and only 2 of them made the exam. Well-known phrase " he/she never did that before". So we were in good company and made some more exam experience and hat the opportunity to continue learning in another club. We will continue to exercise and of course go on with our favorite discipline, THS. Claudia thinks we have to do something about our nervousness in exams (her) and juvenile behavior (me). We will continue to report about our process. I am still young (Claudia not) and in the end we will succeed.
Anyway, I have passed my test as therapy dog. Because, in the beginning they didn't even know if I could participate. Toni had been bitten by a black shepherd some time ago and they didn't know how he would react towards another black dog. Of course Toni is intelligent and understands the difference. However, in the beginning they said "Yes, no problem with Alpha, the black giant schnauzer. But not probably as a team with Toni. What to say - in the end we have been combined as a team. This is also an achievement for me, don't you think?
Then I have another message for you - our friend Jasna with Hope - has had her first standard schnauzer litter, they still look like little moles now. Already offered myself for puppy sitting. I already am experienced with this and will get references too. Hope is a great mom and did a good job. Maybe we can come to visit when they are 1 month old. We are happy for them.
![]() |
| Hier sind wir bei der Arbeit auf dem Hundeplatz, im Hintergrund unser Fanclub. Here we are in the dog training camp, in the rear our fan club. |

No comments:
Post a Comment